Swap out lunch meat for this veggie-forward hummus sandwich. If you’re looking to incorporate more plant-based lunches into your life, this sandwich is it! Packed with crunchy fresh veggies, and creamy roasted red pepper hummus in between two thick slices of whole-grain bread.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1-2 tbsp Athenos Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4 slices of thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 6-8 thinly sliced cucumbers
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 4-5 thinly sliced red onion pieces
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Spread Athenos roasted red pepper hummus onto each side of the whole grain bread.
- Top one half with tomato slices and the other half with avocado, cucumber slices, and red onion. Add alfalfa sprouts in between and put the sandwich together. Cut down the center and serve.