A tangy and fresh, kale salad perfect on its own or served with grilled chicken as an entree.
- 2 heads of lacinto kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup (or more to preference) balsamic vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup Athenos Crumbled Traditional Feta Cheese
- Remove stems from kale leaves and chop into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage kale until it is tender and slightly wilted. This will help remove some of the bitterness from the leaves, do not skip this step!
- Add apple slices, quinoa, dried cranberries, walnuts, vinaigrette, and feta cheese crumbles to the kale. Gently toss the salad together.
- Serve in bowls and top with extra feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, if desired.