Upgrade Grandma's favorite holiday appetizer!
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp minced chives, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 6 oz Athenos Crumbled Traditional Feta Cheese, divided
- ½ tsp Cracked black pepper
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, 2 tbsp chives, ¾ cup chopped pecans, 5 oz of feta cheese crumbles, and cracked black pepper until combined.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball. Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap onto a flat surface and transfer the cheese mixture to the center. Wrap the cream cheese and form into a ball.
- Chill for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese ball is semi-firm.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of chives, ½ cup of chopped pecans, and 1 oz of feta cheese crumbles onto a baking sheet. Mix together until evenly dispersed.
- Remove the cheese ball from plastic wrap and onto the baking sheet. Roll the ball into the toppings until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with a variety of crackers.