A new take on the Thanksgiving staple.
- 2 lbs golden yukon potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp +extra for drizzling on top
- 6 oz Athenos Crumbled Traditional Feta Cheese
- 2 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Fresh chives, minced (for topping)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add in potatoes and reduce heat to a medium-high for a strong simmer. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Heat milk while potatoes are cooking. Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Add garlic powder, warmed milk, feta cheese crumbles, and butter. With a potato masher or an electric mixer, mash potatoes together until they are smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste test until levels are desired.
- Top with extra melted butter and fresh chives before serving.