Step up your margherita pizza game with thick flavorful slices of feta cheese for a fun new take on the classic.
- 1 lb store bought pizza dough
- All purpose flour
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6-8oz chunk Athenos feta cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly flour a working surface area and spread the pizza dough out until it is about 10 inches in diameter. Transfer to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the pizza sauce with the back of a wooden spoon onto dough evenly. Top pizza with feta cheese slices, tomato slices and a few basil leaves.
- Bake pizza for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with a few extra fresh basil leaves before serving.