This sweet and salty appetizer is a memorable, juicy delight. Roasting berries with a touch of olive oil and honey brings out an incredibly juicy sauce for the tangy, melty feta cheese block. Serve with thick seedy bread slices and champagne for a perfect summer appetizer.
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz) Athenos Traditional Block Feta Cheese
- Fresh mint leaves
- Crackers / bread slices to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim strawberry tops off and cut in half. Add strawberries and blueberries to a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, honey, and a pinch of salt. Toss together and roast for 20-25 minutes or until berries are starting to release juices.
- Nestle the block of feta cheese in the center of the berries and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until the feta is golden.
- Serve with crackers and bread slices